Sunday 19 April 2015

Roly, the Anzac Donkey

Hello. My name is Roly. I'm a donkey.
Let me tell you about the time during the First World War when I worked at a place called Gallipoli. I met a man there from New Zealand who was very special. He and I worked as a team to help rescue soldiers who had been hurt in battle.
Based on real people and events, this is the heartwarming story of Richard Alexander Henderson, a soldier in the New Zealand Medical Corps, and the donkey he discovers wandering and hungry on a Gallipoli road. Richard and Roly form a strong friendship and, working together, they courageously save the lives of many wounded soldiers.

But now the army has received top-secret orders to leave Gallipoli – and quickly. All the donkeys must be left behind. Richard is heartbroken. What will become of his dear friend Roly?

1 comment:

  1. Roly's eyes remind me of Penny the prolific pooing cow, but I know this story is much serious than that. I haven't read this book yet but I know it will be a story full of destiny and friendship.

    ReplyDelete